Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Candy Necklace

Most kids would just love to snack on one of these...Right??!!
Wrong!! Not my daughter anyways. She thought it would be far more fun to jam one of the candies way the heck up her nose!! So unladylike, I know!! Well after sitting on her and trying to get it out I realized it was just too far up there. So off we headed to the ER. We did get back really quick, which was nice. They tried using hemostats and suction but had no luck. By this point her little nostril was so swollen inside and just gushing blood. They decided since it was candy to pour a whole saline bullet in her nose to help dissolve it. The gave us some antibiotics and more saline and to have it checked again in 2 days. So, that was our excitement for the day!

3 comments:

jackie said...

Dani, that's crazy! Poor girl! I hope everything comes out okay!

Whitney said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :) Wichita Falls is a great town! We lived there for 5 years! The bow store is Morath Originals. You can take your outfits in and they will make custom bows to match or they have bows already made. They are very reasonable. You'll also have to visit Storkland which is a great chilren's boutique. I really like their mall too... it's very clean and has pretty good stores for a town that size. Good luck with the move! Where are you going to live... on or off base? I used to teach at Sheppard Elementary. I also taught at West Foundation Elementary which is one of the newer elementaries and is a very good school with great technology!

Whitney said...

A friend that I taught with at Sheppard is now a teacher at Burk. I'm not sure what school, but it's in an upper grade. She's awesome! It is a good school district!